Asheville NC Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Asheville NC
High up in the Blue Ridge Mountains, you’ll find a city that’s been called “The Paris of the South.” As a showcase of Neoclassical, Art Deco, and Beaux Arts architecture, Asheville’s moniker is well earned. This artists’ center encompasses roughly 45 square miles, and serves as Buncombe County’s county seat. The shadow of the great Appalachian mountain range adds mystery and allure to this scenic mountain city, which was originally incorporated in 1797 and is now home to more than 87,000 people.
At a Glance
- Many notable statesmen, artists, and luminaries once called Asheville their home. Roberta Flack, Zelda Fitzgerald, Robert Moog, George Washington Vanderbilt II, and Thomas Wolfe are just some of its famous residents.
- Asheville is home to a thriving business scene. There are over 200 locally owned establishments within the city, giving residents and visitors plenty of retail and dining options.
- By land, Asheville is easily accessible via I-26 and I-40. The Asheville Regional Airport serves as the art colony’s gateway to this Appalachian city.
- The city is literally nestled on the Blue Ridge Mountains at an altitude of approximately 2,300 feet. This guarantees a breathtaking view of Asheville’s surrounding areas.
- The Appalachian Trail, the Cherokee Indian Reservation, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park are just some of the places where you can satisfy your thirst for adventure. Even if you’re not too keen on getting down and dirty, Asheville’s myriad outdoor recreational opportunities and gorgeous vistas will definitely awaken your love for the outdoors.
Asheville has several neighborhoods, each with their own housing options. The city’s real estate market is diverse; explore its many different areas and you’ll find modern condominiums, mountain estates, and English Tudor-style single-family residences, as well as new properties being built. Asheville has five main districts: Central, East, North, South and West.