Clyde NC Real Estate and Homes for Sale in Clyde NC
Lying in a cradle of mountains and valleys, Clyde occupies a total area that’s less than one square mile. Tucked away in Haywood County, the town is part of the Asheville Metropolitan Statistical Area, but feels like a whole world away from the region’s bustling heart. The communities nearest to it include Lake Junaluska, Canton and West Canton; Waynesville is also just a few minutes away.
Many of Clyde’s first settlers raised cattle and engaged in agriculture and merchandising. Today, the town is home to a close-knit community of more than a thousand permanent residents, who revel in Clyde’s peace and tranquility, top-notch parks, wonderful hiking trails, one-of-a-kind shops, fantastic restaurants, and a calendar filled with enjoyable events and activities.
At a Glance
- Known as the “Historic Pride of Clyde,” the Shook-Welch-Smathers House is a two-story home built during two different periods in the 19th century. The house is a fascinating example of Georgian and late Victorian architecture.
- Schools in the Clyde area include Clyde Elementary, Lake Junaluska Elementary, Haywood Early College High School, and Haywood Community College.
- Haywood Community College’s 83-acre arboretum is filled with more than a thousand species of trees, shrubs, and ground cover.
- Town parks, perfect for sporting and outdoor activities, include Clyde Park, Lynn’s Park, and River’s Edge Park.
- The Blue Rooster Southern Grill, Coffee Cup Café, Many Lou’s Café, and Sherrill’s Pioneer Restaurant are among Clyde’s most popular restaurants.
There are plenty of fine homes waiting for those who want to make Clyde their permanent home or vacation spot. Choose from cozy two to three-bedroom homes, charming contemporary residences, and five-bedroom Colonials surrounded by acres of woods. Land and vacant lots are available as well for those who would prefer to have their homes built from the ground up.