Lake Junaluska Real Estate and Lake Junaluska Homes for Sale
Lake Junaluska sits at the center of Haywood County, right in the heart of the stunning Smoky Mountains. It is part of the Asheville Metropolitan Statistical Area, and is home to more than 2,000 permanent residents. The lake and nearby mountain are named after Chief Junaluska of the Cherokee tribe.
The lake covers a surface area of 200 acres and is surrounded by over 1,200 acres of lush, rolling hills and scenic valleys. This makes it the perfect destination for all kinds of outdoor activities both on and off the water.
At a Glance
- The Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center serves as the headquarters of the World Methodist Council. It is also where you’ll find the conference center and camp of the US’ Southeastern Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church.
- The historic Stuart Auditorium is Lake Junaluska’s largest and it plays host to plenty of notable events throughout the years. These include the two-day Smoky Mountain Folk Festival, which features Sothern Appalachian music and dance.
- The Lake Junaluska Singers, a 16-member professional ensemble founded in 1954, are famous for their spirited performances of folk, gospel, musical theater, and classic choral pieces.
- Lake Junaluska is a popular spot for fishing enthusiasts and professional anglers, who can expect to reel in a variety of bass, crappie, catfish, walleye, and more.
- The Lake Junaluska Golf Course is a fantastic 18-hole, par 68 public course which is open daily. It first welcomed golfers as early as 1919 and boasts 5,744 yards of golf that you can enjoy along with breathtaking views of the lake’s blue waters.
This scenic location offers great residential options, from comfortable two or three-bedroom bungalows, beautiful contemporary homes, ranch-style houses located along tree-lined avenues, and spacious residences with panoramic views of the lake. Homes here typically have traditional architectural styles